Re: [Q] white space after comment close delimiter

Hello UCHIDA-san,

uchida@happy.email.ne.jp (UCHIDA akira) wrote:

> I'm poor at SGML, so I have a question about section 3.2.4.
>
> | White space is not permitted between the markup declaration
> | open delimiter("<!") and the comment open delimiter ("--"),
> | but is permitted between the comment close delimiter ("--")
> | and the markup declaration close delimiter (">").
>
> Does the "white space" in this sentence mean just white
> space character ?

You can find the definition of white space at Section 9.1[1].
In SGML terminology, we usually translate "white space" as
"KUUHAKU-MOJI" in Japanese.

> Or can I write comments such like this ?
>
> <!-- line break after comment close delimiter --

Certainly.

[1] <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/text.html#h-9.1>

--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org