[richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk: conditionals]

[From: richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
 Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 18:04:46 +0100
 To: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
 Subject: conditionals]

The production for ignoreSect [57] is wrong; it requires conditional
sections within it to be themselves ignoreSect, ie have the keyword
IGNORE.

We need something like:

ignoreSect ::= '<![' %'IGNORE' '[' ignoredDecls ']]>'

ignoredDecls ::= ... |
                 '<![' ('IGNORE'|'INCLUDE'|PEReference) '[' ignoredDecls ']]>'

We should also allow the keys of ignored nested conditional sections
to be references to undeclared parameter entities, say by replacing
PEReference in the above with    '%' Name ';'

I'm not convinced about the rest of production 57 either: the last
top-level disjunct appears to match, say,

    <!entity foo "bar">]]>

[Richard Tobin is a colleague here who has done the flex/yacc
 front-end for our XML tools work.]

ht