Re: SD5 - Namespaces - New Version 2

I can see this one use for this in digital signatures, where we need to
determine the scope of the signature.  In Andrew Layman's example he sticks a
digital signature element inside a car element, and I've asked:

1) How we know just what the signature covers.
2) How do namespaces "communicate" where necessary (actually, there's been so
much traffic I'm not even sure if I sent this, but let's suppose I did).

Here we have a way for the document to communicate to whatever is implementing
digital signature exactly what a particular signature covers.  It allows me to
stick an attribute in a node for another namespace and get a logical semantics.

<X:car ... Y:signedElement="me">
  <Y:dsig  idref = "me>.....</Y:dsig>
</Y:car>

The X namespace processor can see the Y attribute and ignore it, and the Y
namespace processor can find the (to it) opaque element which it has signed.

I think when you put a namespace identifier on an attribute you're getting
_real close_ to an architectural form.

Matthew Fuchs
matt@wdi.disney.com