Re: SD5 - Namespaces

At 02:14 23/5/97 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:

>Can't we just use CONCUR syntax? Parsers already have code to handle it
>and isn't this just really CONCUR in disguise?
>
><(CML)VAR foo=bar>blort</(CML)VAR>
><(MathML)FRAC>99<(MathML)OVER/>100</(MathML)FRAC>

There is a difference - its a scoped CONCUR. What we are really talking
about is having a CONCUR constuct that has the well defined scope within the
instance of a SUBDOC (while at the same time being able to cross-reference
from scope to scope.) This is the new beastie that you need to deal with
on-the-fly fragment concatenation. The real question is "What is the role of
a DTD when you do on-the-fly fragement concatenation?".
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/