Re: Link-6: Addressing at the sub-element level

> ----------

This item reaches "unstructured land" which makes it hard to use.
Therefore, it could be wise to leave it out from V 1.0 with respect to
the time frame.

Danger comes from mixed contents, as well as from entities.

*	Mixed contents cannot be ignored for practical reasons (Why
shall the adressing of a ressource be changed if it is surrounded to
achieve another rendering.

	BTW: I played with lark a little bit, and saw, that in WF
documents anything is potentially mixed content (at least whitspace is
passed to the application)

*	Entities my be one special character, text phrases or even
subtrees. How to deal with those, especially in mixed contents.

If it is to include in V1.0 I would suggest only to implement character
(not byte) count and word count which works on the textual contents of
an entire subtree.

Regards/Mit freundlichen Gruessen
======
Bernhard Weichel              Phone:  (49) 711 811 8322
Robert Bosch GmbH               Fax:  (49) 711 811 8262
Dept. K3/EES4                 eMail:  bernhard.weichel@pcm.bosch.de
P.O. Box 30 02 40
D-70442 Stuttgart
Germany