Re: Shorttags compromise proposal.

Andrew Layman wrote:

> If I understand your final suggestion, you are asking to have it legal
> to have an ID attribute on an end tag.  Is that correct, or do I
> misunderstand?

No, that's just an aside. A future consideration. The *real* proposal is
to allow a single level of shorttag: shorttag only on leaf nodes. This
is the usage demonstrated in the Microsoft examples and can be described
by a strict regular expression rather than a CFG. This brings Dirty Perl
Hackers back into the game without requiring them to implement a stack.
I think it is the best of both worlds but nobody else seems interested.

 Paul Prescod