RE: SD2 - Structured Attributes

Thank you for the clarification on your question.  I will hopefully
address the whole topic of contents versus attributes at length later
today, so I'm going to confine myself here to describing what I meant,
and omit arguing in favor of or against it.

If an attribute has structure, its parts are parts of the attribute.
There is no inheritance implied, but rather containment.  It is the
attribute that is the attribute: its parts are simply parts (of the
attribute).

My answer may sound peculiar, but that is because thinking about the
question in terms of inheritance is a completely wrong approach.  It is
as though I posed the question whether in this example below the
attribute "attr" inherits element-ness from the "thing" element.

	<thing attr="blue">

It doesn't inherit anything from "thing." It is an attribute of thing.
If it had structure, its parts would not inherit anything, they would
simply be parts.