Re: ERB votes on error handling

Bill Smith <bsmith@atlantic-82.Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:

> I object strenusously to both the outcome of this "vote" and the process
> itself. Clearly consensus was not even remotely reached on this issue. Any
> review of the archives would show this as would a simple count of the
> "votes".

For the record, as a Nay in the tally, I must disagree. I feel that this
vote was very significant for the long-term health of XML and I not only
support the outcome, I strenuously defend the process by which it
was derived.

My Nay was only in regards to how the intention was expressed; I was
hoping to find wording that is more readily understandable (yes,
editors can error recover) and provide fewer opportunities to comply
to the letter but not the spirit (wiggle room). Not having found
more precise wording, I must agree with the group to accept the
wording and move on.

Regards,
Dave Hollander