Re: 4.d Compulsory locator language(s)?

At 12:33 4/3/97 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>4.d The spec will describe some addressing types that we support.  Should
>we declare support for one or more locator languages to be compulsory?
>Which?

Support for URL addressing should be compulsory, but not the only option.
Ideally I would like to see SGML FSI support, or at least a subset of the
default FSI set, with the presence of <url> being implied at the start of
the string if there is no other identifier for the type of locator being
used. I would also like to see a TEI locator identified by a <TEI> tag
defined as a formal FSI.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/