Re: 3.4 New Item: unify simple and extended links

At 13:06 4/3/97 -0500, David Durand wrote:

>This seems to complicate the model, and isn't necessary if we have an
>equivalent of BASE or LOCSRC. I would leave this out as being purely a
>convenience feature unless we don't have an equivalent way to specify an
>alternative addressing origin (or LOCSRC or base address or whatever you
>want to call it)

I thought LOCSRC had been dropped, which is partly why I suggested the
alternative based on nesting. If locrsrc is there you don't need this
concept of redirecting fragment references, though the labelling of groups
of tags is still important.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/