Re: KISS again

In message <199706202324.TAA05123@www10.w3.org> Michael Sperberg-McQueen writes:

[... Michael also took the trouble to write separately as well, and I think
we have a clear understanding...]

[...]
> When did these become reasons to *forbid* DTDs to those who do know
> how to make them, or who do want to use the DTDs made by others?

To make it quite clear, I wasn't suggesting dropping DTDs, but was concerned
that the requirement to implement highly complex DTDs (i.e. thousands of lines)
required a PE system which some implementers would find too difficult and which
wasn't *required* for their much simpler DTDs.

[... PE syntax snipped...]

I am prepared to take on trust that Michael's new proposal(s) is/are
straightforwardly implementable and support the ERB in whatever solution they
propose.  If it's clearly presented then I think that it's implementable by
a webhacker.

	P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust, domestic net connection
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences