Re: 3.1.a All linkage info in markup not data?

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:18:57 -0600
To: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
CC: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
> >The ERB schedule calls for voting on Feb. 26 on these items.
> >
> >3.1.a Should we have a principle that all linkage information is encoded in
> >GIs and/or attribute values, never in character data?

So, structures like the nameloc/nmlist or nested FCS links cannot be
legal XML Links?  Then it is not legal to state that a link can
contain a series of IDs which are an aggregate of link targets?

What is liking information?  Does this mean that in
the content of a link, (e.g, <A href="foo">bar</a>) bar is not linking
information?

len bullard
lockheed martin