Re: 2.1 a-d: Link Recognition by Reserved Attribute?

From: Digitome Ltd. <digitome@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 14:26:05 +0000
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
[Tim Bray]

>Having written this, I'm beginning to discover a new hard-minimalist
>enclave I can gleefully retreat into; why not always do it via GI?  That
>question is not rhetorical; perhaps someone can explain the downside to
>this, and the upside to supporting AF-like attribute signalling?

Although I am a fully paid up minimalist I think we need both reserved attribute
and reserved GI for XML-Link.

The reason I think we nned both is in order to allow elements to participate in
*multiple* architectures. Who knows what cool architectures might come
along to do with XML search classification, agents etc.

Regards,
Sean Mc Grath