Re: 1.5: Discuss link characteristics?

lee@sq.com wrote:

> I am beginning to wonder if "terminus" has a non-railway meaning to
> North Americans???  It really _is_ awfully comical!

Americans go to airport terminals.  Railways are not used
nearly as much.

One American's opinion:  it looks pedantic.  We tend to steer
away from such terminology as "high fallutin' BS".

OTH, the rate of change in American speech patterns since the
invention of mass communications is very high.  I can't think
of any cases off hand when adopting words from dead languages
has been much in vogue.

XML - "we can invoke the behavior to link to the terminus"
American - "click here and bag that thing"

len