Re: 1.5: Discuss link characteristics?

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:24:48 -0800
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
CC: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
[Liam Quin:]

| I am beginning to wonder if "terminus" has a non-railway meaning to
| North Americans???  It really _is_ awfully comical!

As far as I know, terminus has no association with railroads for most
Americans.  We call these things "train stations".  The word
"terminus" simply means an end point, if it means anything.  The
hilarity that "terminus" seems to engender in our Friends Across the
Sea is probably a good reason to use some other term.  ("Link end",
for example.)

Jon