elm alternate linking proposal

From: Eve L. Maler <elm@arbortext.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 15:31:20 -0500
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Cc: elm@arbortext.com
I've been working on an alternate proposal for the basic parts of the
linking spec, and it seems time to share it.  (Thanks to those folks who
took the first peek!)  Because this proposal grew out of an attempt to pick
*really good* names for the markup, I've used my alternate names
throughout.  However, I've related them back to the current Bray/De Rose
proposal whenever possible, so as to avoid giving Jon a headache.  You can
find it at:

        http://www.doctools.com/xml-link.html

You can send your comments to the WG list or to me.  (Oh ghod, what am I
getting myself into?...)  Thanks--

        Eve