Re: 1.a: Use Elements?

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 15:19:12 -0800
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
At 11:08 AM 31/01/97 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>Should links be expressed as SGML elements?

People are over-reacting to this.  The discussion as to whether we should
link up via AF's and so on should really be put off until the #2.* items
come up; we've got substantive enough issues to deal with now.

The reason the question was asked is, the spec says that links are
SGML elements; the ERB feels the WG ought to be asked for comments
on every issue of substance, and even though this one seems like a
no-brainer to me, perhaps there are other ways to do it that we missed.

Of *course* links should be expressed as SGML elements. - Tim