Re: 1.a: Use Elements?

From: Digitome Ltd. <digitome@iol.ie>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:39:19 +0000
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
>Should links be expressed as SGML elements?

Yes.

I think the benefits in simplicity far outweigh the name-space pollution
it entails. I cannot think of a single markup scheme that does not have
name-space pollution. I do not know a single potential implementor
who whould be bothered with a "Reserved Element Names" page in the spec.

Admission of Guilt: I am an extremist (admitting defeat) on this point!
I would apply the same reasoning to remove other special syntactic
constructs such as content models, PI's, Marked Sections, Catalogs etc.

Sean Mc Grath
digitome@iol.ie