Re: 1.5: Discuss link characteristics?

From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:29:17 +0000
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
At 11:09 31/1/97 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>>From section 1.5 Types of link types
>
>1.5.a Shall we have a discussion of the characteristics links can
> can have, including relationship, topology, locator language,
> formatting, and behavior?

XML should not define the characteristics of links - this must be
application specific. What XML could usefully do is provide a way of finding
information about relationships, topology, locator language/notation,
formatting and behaviour by providing suitable addresses for obtaining
relevant information.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/