Re: 1.c-d: Define a Link Processor and Communicate With It?

From: Digitome Ltd. <digitome@iol.ie>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:39:26 +0000
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
>1.c: Should we exclude relationships such as containment and
>succession from this spec?
>
>1.d Should we specify a way for a document to provide a summary of
>the linkage machinery it uses?

I think a summary in some easily found spot is highly desirable. Presumbly
XML docs might be *large*. It will be a bind to have to wait for all
10MB to arrive before partial rendering with links visible. Also, a
threaded implementation might make use of a linkage summary to do behind
the scenes link work whilst simultaneously doing the rendering.

Sean
digitome@iol.ie