Re: draft proposal for catalog resolution

Martin Bryan wrote:
> The problem I have is the one you seem to recognize yourself. If someone
> adds a keyword to a catalog because he has facilities for interpreting it,
> how can he be sure that someone without those facilities can use it? Is it a
> requirement that the addition of keywords to a catalog means that the
> catalog can only be used on sites that support that keyword?

We could require conforming processors to ignore keywords that are not
in the standard. Then processors that want to do something else are not
strictly speaking XML processors but they are backwards compatible with
them, and strict XML processors are forward compatible in a completely
predictable way.

 Paul Prescod