Re: D.1 Distinguish partial and full DTDs?

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996 09:14:24 -0500 Eve L. Maler said:
>At 05:23 PM 10/29/96 CST, Michael Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
>>So, I think the answer to the original question is, Yes, there
>>should be an XML parameter entity to indicate whether the DTD
>>given is a full DTD (as for SGML) or a partial DTD not intended
>>to make the document valid (probably, in practice, intended only
>>to make it well-formed).
>
>(PI, not parment, right?)  People who are making ad hoc document

Right.  Processing instruction, not parameter entity.  I shouldn't
draft postings when I'm tired.

Eve is surely right that claiming validity is probably more
useful and to the point than saying 'DTD is complete/incomplete';
also right to suggest the default should be 'no validity claimed'.

-Michael Sperberg-McQueen