Re: C.3 text entities as values of ENTITY attributes?

On Thu, 17 Oct 96 13:19:23 CDT, Michael Sperberg-McQueen
<U35395@UICVM.CC.UIC.EDU> wrote:

>On 23 October 1996, the ERB will vote to decide the following
>question.  A straw poll indicates the ERB is leaning to retaining the
>prohibition.
>
>C.3 should XML retain or relax SGML's prohibition on ENTITY
>attributes referring to SGML text entities (7.9.4.3)?

Actually, this may not be an issue for XML, since any XML entity can be parsed
as an XML document conforming to the implied DTD (which is what it means to say
"there is no DTD"; see my other posting on this point).
--
Charles F. Goldfarb * Information Management Consulting * +1(408)867-5553
           13075 Paramount Drive * Saratoga CA 95070 * USA