Re: A2: SGML declaration?

At 06:20 PM 10/3/96 CDT, you wrote:
>On 9 October 1996, the ERB will vote to decide the following question.
>A non-binding preliminary vote indicates the ERB is now leaning to Yes.
>
>A.2 All or virtually all the information provided by a normal SGML
>declaration will be fixed for all documents; no SGML declaration will be
>necessary.  (Possible exception:  character-set information may vary
>document to document, but will be conveyed in other ways.)  (6.2.3)

Chould we reserve a place in the syntax for referring to one in the future
so that we can gracefully introduce some form of SGML declaration if we want
to in the future? For instance, perhaps if we make some wrong decision here,
we will need to make a future version and differentiate them in the SGML
declaration.

 Paul Prescod