Re: Anchors Aweigh

At 22:04 27/12/96 -0500, Gavin Nicol wrote:
>>In any case we should not conflate the presentation and interaction
>>aspects of  linking with the declarative, and "semantic relationship"
>>aspect of linking.
>
>Absolutely. I would prefer us to define a set of data which comprises
>a link, and leave interpretation to the application.

I second this. For stage one we need to learn how to identify what it is we
need to link to and how to manage link definitions in a way that will
preserve them over time. (This latter will be the killer part of a good
linking mechanism.) Only when we have mastered this part of the problem
should we consider how to 'standardize' the behaviour of links.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/