Re: % in URIs

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

[...]

>  >
>  > I think PFPS is right, and that ", the percent sign (%)" should be
>  > deleted from the above paragraph
>
> I tried to take the text from the usual suspects and minimize the
> divergence between different W3C specs.
>
> cf in particular
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-charmod-20030822/#sec-URIs
>
> which links to
> http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-2e-errata#E26
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink/#link-locators
> http://www.w3.org/International/2002/draft-duerst-iri-00.txt
>
> None of these %-escape %.

I should have read the thing more carefully :(

What our specs says is:

let URIREF = the set of URIREF's defined according to RFC2396 modified
by RFC 2732

then RDFURIREF = {x : encoding(x) memberof URIREF}

for the encoding defined in the spec which excludes encoding '%'.

test case: is http://example.org/foo%bar a member of RDFURIREF.  Answer:
NO because http://example.org/foo%bar is not a member of URIREF.

I now see why it is the way it is (I think).

jjc, this was originally raised by PFPS

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JulSep/0282.html

and I brought it up in your absence.  Do you think you could resond to him?

Brian