Re: substantive semantics change?

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> In the absence of arguments that this change is editorial and not substantive,
> I ask that the chairs reopen the PR decision, in order to consider the
> resolution of Herman's last call comments which triggered this change.

As I recall, Pat is travelling in the early part of this week.  This
will hamper clarification of this issue.

The suggestion is that a substantive change, i.e. one visible in a test
case, has been inadvertently made without consulting the WG.  If true,
that is unfortunate.

However, I suggest the barrier to reopening the PR decision is quite
high.  Procedural irregularity is not enough.  Lets address substantive
matters.

- Are you saying that HP cannot live with the current specifications?

> [This is nullified if Pat or others, can make a compelling case that I have
> misunderstood the situation, and the correct understanding of the two test
> cases is the same in both LC2 semantics and the current editors draft]

This suggests that HP can live with the current situation.