Re: RDF Semantics: partial review

At 16:54 07/11/03 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>Let me suggest that I adopt the following simplified convention, which I
>think will be sufficient. A name (as now) is a URI or typed literal. A
>vocabulary is a set of names. The vocabulary OF a graph is the set of
>names that occur in the graph as the subject, object or predicate of a
>triple. Interpretations are defined on a vocabulary, usually that of a graph.

This reminds me of a concern I had some time ago about the class
rdfs:Literal being indistinguishable from rdfs:Resource [1].  (Er, what I
claimed was LV being indistinguishable from IR.)

Does the new convention help this?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Dec/0324.html
Comment labelled:
[For discussion]