Re: Updated issue tracking doc to include objections and responses

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 12:21, Brian McBride wrote:
> I've updated the issue tracking doc to include objections and responses.
>
> There is a summary of the objections at [1].

I gather you meant
[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/

>   Each objection links to
> the relevant issue (except completeness of entailment rules which may be
>   about to go away) and its late.
>
> The relevant issue contains the WG response to the objection.

Very nice; I can see the whole issue in one place, and
the issues with outstanding dissent are easy to find.

I expect this will make briefing The Director quite
straightforward, not to mention leaving a nice description
of the situation for the community and any future WGs.

> I've taken into account feedback from DanC, which includes stating the
> conflicting requirements on the datatypes objection and some (much
> shorter) text on the I18N issue.

Umm... this looks OK (except the "we request..." sentence, about
which more below), but the shorter text was intended for
the request for PR. I'd prefer to see the table of
designs that the WG evaluated in the issues list under
http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure

> Please review.

Umm... under
  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfs-xml-schema-datatypes
I see
"On these grounds the WG asks the director to support the decision of
the WG despite outstanding dissent."

Please leave that out of the issues list; it belongs only in the request
for PR. This issues list has a long lifetime; the request is ephemeral.

> The intent is that the request to advance will refer to the objections
> in the issue doc.

Right.