Re: Semantics issues

At 12:07 PM 1/21/03 -0700, pat hayes wrote:
>(The reason for this is the decision, taken rather late in the day, to
>treat XML literals as a built-in datatype rather than a syntactically
>distinct form of literal. Unfortunately this screws up the expository
>structure of the document somewhat.)

Hmmm... this makes me think this decision should have been made at editors'
discretion, rather than as a group decision, since it is ultimately an
expository matter, not one that (should) affect the meaning of any
RDF.  (Though I realize this decision involved coordination between two
documents.)

Which, looking forward, leads me to suggest that if Pat/Jeremy can agree on
an alternative treatment that gives clearer exposition of the intended
meaning, they should be allowed discretion to do so.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>