Re: Last Call Comments Process

At 11:45 03/02/2003 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>>Pat,
>>
>>Now we are in last call, we have to be a bit more disciplined about
>>handling comments.
>
>OK, sorry I was too fast with the comments.

Speed I like.

>  Im now back fully connected, WHAT a relief!!

You and me both.  My relief's bigger than yours :)

>>  We discussed the process for handling last call comments on Friday's
>> telecon.  To some extent we are figuring it out as we go along, but here
>> is the gist of what I have in mind:
>>
>>   o comment arrives in www-rdf-comments@w3.org
>>   o if its an "immediate response" e.g. "we say that in section xx.yy"
>> then the editor responds pointing this out and hopefully the commentor
>> agrees and that's all very lightweight.
>
>OK. I can send immediate responses to the following, with your go-ahead:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0179.html

You don't need my goahead.  But remember the goal on rdf comments is not to
have a technical argument.  Its to clarify whether there is an issue, what
it is and how significant it is.  We've got two folks saying "I don't like
what you've done with the semantics of rdf:Bag."

Do we think they have misunderstood what we have done?  In this case, I
don't think so.  We can explain the reasons for the choice we made and they
may accept them, or not be convinced.  What is perhaps most important here
is to understand the significance of the issue to Ossi and Massimo.  Why do
they care?  What breaks for them?  Is this a comment along the lines of "I
would do it differently" or do they have a billion dollar software business
that will go down the tubes as a result of this decision.

>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0159.html

Yup

>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0125.html

Those are comments primer and concepts, though with some quotes from
*emails* of yours.  Do those editors need help with these comments.  I
think its a bit out of line for there to be last call comments about your
emails.  Maybe I should make a process about to Bob about reviewing the
docs, not anything else?  Pat, Frank - is that necessary/helpful/idiotic/...?