Re: xmlsch-02

Dan Brickley wrote:

[...]

>>Why is that preferrable?  This has come up at all because the most
>>commonly used library Xerces, implements the more forgiving function.
>

> Not sure where you got 'most commonly used library' from. Maybe the Java
> version is popular amongst Java users, and Java is the most popular
> language...

I haven't checked the facts, but I recall it being suggested that we had
a number (don't know how many) of implementation reports saying they
failed the corresponding test case and they were using Xerces.  I was
under the impression there is also a C version of Xerces.  Hmm. Easy to
check:

   http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html

Well its c++, but close.

You have a point though.  I don't have numbers to back up any impression
of popularity.  I'm pretty sure its the most common in the java world.
I'm not sure about elsewhere.