Re: Tidy/untidy: that's all about assumptions, folks

Jos De_Roo wrote:

> Sergey, what are you saying?
> I mean I already follow that you said like
>
> :Maaike :age "45" .    #about my wife
> :Jos :shoeSize "45" .
>
> entails
>
> _:x :age _:z .
> _:y :shoeSize _:z .
>
> which I wholeheartedly agree with
> but what is that "critical assumption"
> that you talk about?

The assumption is that the values of age and shoeSize properties have to
denote "ages" and "shoe sizes", and so the above entailment is "wrong".
This assumption must not hold. The property values may just as well be
strings/integers/etc. and we still get a coherent model-theoretic
picture, in which the above entailment is just fine.

> I can think that a statement should
> "restrict the intepretation" and that
> it can use self-identifiers for that
> (but that's again my tidy side)