Re: Datatyping literals: question and test cases

At 13:32 31/10/2002 -0600, pat hayes wrote:

[...]

>HOw about saying that xsd:string has an ordering defined on it which isnt
>relevant to rdfs:StringLiteral?
>
>The reason for being so careful about this terminology is that ...

I've been burned in the past where I've seen a post which has been a bit at
odds with my understanding, but I've assumed it was just shorthand language
and folks knew what had been decided.  And then I've felt bad when Pat, or
someone else said, "Oh, I didn't know you'd done that.  Thats crazy ..."

So just checking my understanding, on Pat's advice, we decided we would not
regard old style literals as datatyped values and there is now no
rdfs:StringLiteral.  We do still have rdfs:XMLLiteral though.

Have I misunderstood?