RE: Datatyping literals: question and test cases

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 09:51, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Brian:
> > Jeremy, what did you intend?
>
> I try to pass the hot potato to Pat!
>
> (A more serious answer to Graham)
>
> > I also understand that, following DanC's requests,
> >
> >    _:x ex:prop "foo" .
> >    ex:prop rdfs:range xsd:string .
> >
> > will be satisfiable in conformance with xsd:string datatypeconstraints.
>
> No decision - the current drafts say NO.
>
> Concepts say a literal is a pair.

I asked that Literal be a union of strings
with string x lang pairs.

Did you not understand the request? or
did you disagree with it? Or is it
a matter of not having time to write
it that way?

(If it's the latter, I'll understand if
you don't reply at all. Just keep
writing!)

> Ntriples says "foo" goes to "foo"-""
> Model theory says untyped literals are self-denoting.
>
> "foo"-"" is not an xsd:string.

I'm likely to ask to re-open the question if that
remains; this is new information, to me.

I'm sure I can't get that design thru last call.