Re: n-triples for datatype values [was: Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2002-10-18]

>>>Dan Connolly said:
>
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 12:35, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com wrote:
> [...]
> > o The n-triples form:
> >
> >   <a> <b> <dt1>"foo" .
> >
> > requires further parser lookahead than say:
> >
> >   <a> <b> "foo"<dt1> .
> >
> > The latter is easier to parse.
>
> Oh! yeah verily.

I was also wondering about that myself for similar reasons but didn't
expect anyone else was worrying about such things, and wasn't going
to propose it.

+1 then

> TimBL and I were just discussing that
> the other day...
>
> Granted, n-triples is only informally related to N3,
> but we do have some relevant implementation experience,
> and it would be nice to build on it.

I'd like to schedule a chat about that sometime - maybe on IRC.

> We haven't finished coding up the details,
> but he proposed
> 	"foo"^^<dt1>.
>
> because it harks to his "path" shortcut
> for [ <dt1> "foo"], namely "foo"^<dt1>.
>
> We're not particular about ^^ vs some
> other delimiter, but having the <dt1>
> come after the "foo" makes life much easier
> for implementation in cwm.

My other issue was re-aligning "foo"-en with N3, if that's possible.

Dave