Re: test case: is RDF/XML layered on XML?

At 17:13 30/09/2002 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>Dave Beckett wrote:
>
>>Why is this question being asked?
>

>I share this concern.

I think the probable answer is a misunderstanding of the loose term "xml
include mechanisms" I used in a conversation with DanC.  The answer to my
question is clear and I'm happy.

The test case was not really a proposal to include it in the test suite,
but just a way of making my question clear.  Though actually, I think I
would prefer it included as illustrative that standard dtd processing is
expected to happen, I don't intend to push for this.

>The test cases should:
>- test how RDF and RDF/XML work.
>- test how RDF interacts with other standards where there is doubt.
>
>I agree with Dave's analysis that there is no doubt here and so think we
>should avoid this test case as the thin end of a very thick wedge.
>
>Do we need to show how RDF/XML interacts with entity refs, chracter refs,
>external entities, various badly formed XML thingies, relative namespaces
>that have been deprecated according to the plenary decision, ....

No, certainly not, just to be clear that dtd processing is expected to happen.

Oh dear, though, there is another wedge here.  Forgive my ignorance here -
can an XML document indicate that it should be processed by XML Schema or
any other XML processor?