Action DanC? [was Re: More on XSD in RDF]

At 10:15 25/11/2002 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 09:42, Brian McBride wrote:
>[...]
> >    o I suggest:
> >
> >    - we use non controversial examples of schema datatypes in our test
> > cases - stay away from the stuff that tests understanding of schema
> > datatypes more than rdf
>
>As I explained earlier, I disagree with shying away from
>contraversial issues that are relevant to our design, i.e.
>keeping them out of the test suite.

I wasn't shying away from it, I was trying to avoid a last call dependency
on it.

However, you are pretty serious about this.

It seems to me that what we need, as well as test cases, is an RDF Schema
for XML Schema datatypes.  If we are going to expect an xsd datatypes aware
processor to be aware of the class hierarchy, someone should write down
definitively what it is.

DanC, would you be willing to take an action to:

   1 write an RDF Schema for XSD datatypes
   2 Define a set of test cases to illustrate that schema and the datatype
entailment rules
   3 Verify that RDF Schema and the test cases with the XML Schema folks
   4 Bring the schema and test cases back to RDFCore for review