Re: XMLLiteral belongs in RDF namespace, not RDFs

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 03:29, Brian McBride wrote:
[...]
> That settles it then.  It stays where it is for now.

This is clearly new information since our 9Sep datatypes
decision and our May decision on literals.

Please reopen them.

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 14:10, Dave Beckett wrote:

> > Short response:
> >
> > I think we're moving toward using rdf:... rather than rdfs:..., and I'm
> > happy with that.
>
> <snip/>
>
> I'm not.
>
> The main reason: the more we *add* things of significance to the RDF
> namespace (not syntax construction machinery such as rdf:datatype,
> rdf:nodeID) and the RDF namespace URI RDF Schema document, the more
> likely the URI of the namespace will have to change since the
> namespaces's meaning

???

I can't get my head around that phrase... "namespace's meaning".

> has significantly changed.  (I did ask that
> rdf:List etc went in the RDFS namespace).

You have to be able to build an RDF parser without ever
seeing the RDFS spec nor the RDFS namespace name, true?

And an RDF parser has to generate triples including
the terms first/rest/nil/List and now XMLLiteral, no?