Re: Proposed NTriples changes for literal notation

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> There are many many langauge which use character
> strings as primitives, and no others I know that use (lang, string) pairs.
>  So convergence with other langues, and APIs for RDF in those langauges, and
> so on,
> are made much more cumbersome
> for RDF by the existence of these literals.

By extension, since many languages have other primitive types
(particularly numeric ones), should we be doing something about the
cumbersome "everything's a string" attitude?

Ever see something and think, "I've gotta leverage me some of that?"
Odds are, you were looking at a synergy and didn't even know it.