Re: rdf-schema encoding

moving from rdf-comments list to WG list...

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Brian McBride wrote:

> At 08:14 01/03/2002 -0500, J. Imlay wrote:
> >[stuck in spam trap -rrs]
> >
> >Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:53:06 -0500 (EST)
> >From: "J. Imlay" <jimlay@u.washington.edu>
> >To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
> >Why is there no
> ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> or something like this at the
> >top of the rdf-schema?
> >
> >The one I am using is at 'http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema' and the
> >scenario is that I am creating a large rdf model with lots of schemas so
> >that I can process them as tripples. The problem is that my program is
> >working for all the other rdf schemas I have found except this one. Here I
> >get unicode errors because of lack of an encoding definition.
>
> Josie,
>
> We are aware of the problem.  I remember someone taking an action to fix
> this, but I need to chase down who it was and make sure it gets done.

I think the conclusion (also in w3c team discussion) was that it'd be
reasonable for someone (I'd be happy...) to just wade in and fix up the
file. Normally we're cautious about editing tech reports (things
published under http://www.w3.org/TR/) but since the namespace document
isn't itself a TR, and we made no explicit commitment not to change it,
fixing the bug seems the obvious thing to do.

Could you let me know what an appropriate fix would be, and I'll just do it.

cheers,

Dan

ps. if you hadn't spotted, I am not an XML encoding expert; the bug is
entirely my fault... so an idiots guide to fixup would be useful

--
mailto:danbri@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/People/DanBri/