Re: Dark triples, current closure / entailment rules, can someone clarify?

At 10:19 AM 6/25/02 -0500, pat hayes wrote:
>I fail to follow why this kind of example would lead you to that
>conclusion. BUt in any case there are other strong reasons for not coming
>to that conclusion, which we have gone over now several times. If there is
>any way to assert darkness, then there is no way, in practice, to avoid
>nonmonotonicity. ...

You say _no_ way, but I thought that a syntax extension (in the graph
syntax) was a possibility.  I agree it has the other disadvantages you
mention, but I want to be clear what our *possible* choices are.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>