Re: new semantics initiative

>>>  Speaking personally, me too.  But that does seem to require a syntax
>>>  extension, which may be difficult at this stage.
>>
>>  I really do NOT want to introduce a syntax extension, which
>>  introduces all kinds of extra complexity.
>
>I thought the MT already provided for such a distiction.

I meant, complexity in the syntax documents, Ntriples and so on. This
whole discussion is trivial form a purely MT point of view.

>  > We have agreed that
>>  contexts are out of scope.
>
>I never proposed contexts.
>
>>  What is wrong with URI inspection?
>
>Because you *CANNOT* know for sure what namespace URI was used
>to generate some term URI by inspecting the term URI. That information
>is iretrievably discarded during parsing.
>
>Get over it folks. It can't be done. Let's please move on and
>consider other, actually possible mechanisms. OK?

Look, we must be in a disconnect here. Are you saying that when some
software reads some RDF, that it cannot possibly tell that

http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type

is the symbol 'type' on the normative W3C website? You sure seem to
be saying that. I bow to your expertise, but it seems to me that if
this is true, then we are in much deeper doo-doo than anything to do
with dark triples.

><snip>
>Rather, the graph syntax should have an explicit mechanism
>that 'colors' triples as asserted or unasserted,

No, it MUST NOT have such a mechanism. Any such mechanism in the
graph is inherently non-monotonic. This whole idea is a dead horse.

Pat

IHMC					(850)322 0319   cell
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax