Re: refining closure text for rdfs-isDefinedBy-semantics

Eric,

Apart from the point that Aaron raised, that looks fine to me.

Bit if rdfs:isDefinedBy is also used to reference human-readable documents,
and we want to accommodate that, then maybe the new schema classes need to
be expanded a little; e.g.

rdfs:SchemaInRDF a rdfs:Class ;
   rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Schema ;
   rdfs:label "An RDF schema document in RDF" ;
   rdfs:comment
    """An RDF document containing defining information about
       some RDF vocabulary (i.e. about some RDF properties and
       classes)""" .

rdfs:Schema a rdfs:Class ;
   rdfs:label "RDF vocabulary definition" ;
   rdfs:comment
    """A document, which may be machine- or human-readable,
       containing defining information about some RDF vocabulary
       (i.e. about some RDF properties and classes)""" .

Another approach might be to define rdfs:Schema as above and introduce a
new class for RDF documents of any purpose and use membership of both such
classes to indicate the purpose of "schema in RDF" noted above.

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>