Re: f2f agenda

On 2002-06-07 12:05, "ext Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> In Hawaii, I asked Jeremy to locate HP Labs on a fairly
>>> detailed Garmin European MetroGuide map downloadable into my
>>> eTrex Vista GPS.  The results were
>>>
>>> N51.50399 W2.54990
>>>
>>> I'll take my own reading when I get there :-).
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> Great. Thanks.
>>
>> Patrick
>
> It'll be interesting to know how successful you are in finding HP from
> GPS coordinates - you should be warned that Bristol roads don't always
> work like that. (In the words of the Sage, "I wouldn't start from
> here"*)

Well, at least it keeps me from driving 20 miles in the wrong
direction. I might not know how best to get to point X, but
at least I'll know where it is.

If I don't show up around 10:30 on the 17th, I've probably
fallen victim to the Bristol roads ;-)

> jan
>
> * which might become the RDF 2 motto :-)

Ouch! Cutting, but then as they say, "the truth hurts"