Re: datatyping revised draft

On Saturday, June 1, 2002, at 01:18  PM, patrick hayes wrote:

> PS. I'd particularly like to see an explanation of the last dublin core
> example at the end. It looks like it should map into
>
> _:page dc:coverage _:a .
> _:a dct:Point _:b .
> _:b dct:DCSV "name=Perth,W.A.; east=115.85717; north=-31.95301"
>
> but then it wouldn't make sense to have dct:Point be a datatype
> property, right?  (???)

I'm not sure about the proper modeling, but I'll try and explain the
concept.

DCMI Point is a system for identifying a point in space by using east,
north, elevation, units, zunits, projection and name. DCSV is the
plain-text encoding of a DCMI Point. There is also an XML encoding,
which would look like:

<Point name="Perth, W.A.">
         <east>115.85717</east>
         <north>-31.95301</north>