Re: datatypes input

On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 10:41  AM, Brian McBride wrote:
> If I interpret that properly, then you need two properties, say <age>
> and <ageL>.  My understanding is that WG agrees that this works, but
> that having two properties is unacceptable.  If we agreed that two
> properties was acceptable, then I think all this would just go away.
> The argument is that there will be lots of user error and confusion
> resulting from having to distinguish between the two cases.

Well the users better get used to it because they already need to
distinguish between author and authorName and site and siteURI. I think
allowing them to use the same property in this special case will only
add more confusion, not less. Furthermore, as I just pointed out, the
two-property method is easier to use in forward-chaining systems like
CWM and clones.

Who objects to the two properties? Just PatrickS?
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com]
4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B