Re: datatypes input

At 10:18 18/07/2002 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

[...]

>Is the Cannes entailment the thing that was called Jeremy's entailment
>in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20020225-f2f/#d-2002-02-26-3 ?

Yes.  Jeremy was bashful so we renamed it.

>That can be handled without resorting to untidy literals.
>
>I did some test cases to show that a while ago...
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/test/datatypeAtoB.n3

If I interpret that properly, then you need two properties, say <age> and
<ageL>.  My understanding is that WG agrees that this works, but that
having two properties is unacceptable.  If we agreed that two properties
was acceptable, then I think all this would just go away.  The argument is
that there will be lots of user error and confusion resulting from having
to distinguish between the two cases.

>I guess I don't have time to keep up. Sorry.

I do wish you could.