Re: Datatypes Convergence

At 20:49 06/02/2002 +0200, Patrick Stickler wrote:
[...]
> >  - using rdf:dType for datatyping
> >  - that S-P/TDL is used for global typing
>
>You mean the modified bNode variant of the local idiom,

The what?

[...]

>This allows parsers to remain unchanged, insofar as datatyping
>is concerned, and folks to choose to use datatyping or not.
>
>If legacy content using the inline idiom should be typed, then
>it should be explicitly converted by the user, rather than
>automatically by a parser.
>This seems fairer to me. Eh?

I look forward to reviewing your joint proposal.

>I would be happy to take a stab at rewriting the TDL spec, sans MT,
>renaming it just the "Datatyping Proposal", and extending the verbage
>taking into account the convergence characteristics and updating
>the illustrations for the revised global idiom -- and then pass that
>on to Sergey, Pat, Jeremy, whomever for edits, fixes, and addition
>of the MT.

Thank you Patrick.  I think this means that I've seen both you and Sergey
agree to this.

I think its up to you and Sergey to agree how best to get this document
done.  However, Sergey's suggestion of keeping it simple (email format?),
focussing on the core agreements/issues, and starting from Pat's recent
email, which is neutral territory, might permit a faster and more
interactive evolution of a proposal/agreement.

Can both you and Sergey make the half hour after this Friday's telecon to
work out how to get this done?

Time is critical here.

>I'm travelling for the remainder of the week, but could have that
>done for sure by start of business Monday, EST.

Bummer.  Which week?  Will you have email?

>How does that sound?

In general, encouraging.