Re: Reification puzzles (was: RE: reification test case)

At 07:21 PM 2/4/02 -0600, Pat Hayes wrote:
>Heres the part about reification that puzzles me, however. Are there any
>entailment relationships between a triple and its reification (in either
>direction)?

Within the current scope of RDF, I think the answer is No.
Er, that is, unless you count some "trivial" entailments like:
    s p o .
entails
    _:r rdf:type rdf:Statement .
    _:r rdf:subject s .
    _:r rdf:property p .
    _:r rdf:object o .

(Within the extended scope of, say, what N3 does with contexts, I think the
answer is Maybe.)

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>